Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Is it possible to have a daydream at night?*

Apparently, if you search for this question on Google, you'll find that we're far from the first to ask it. Guess it's only natural, since none of us ever have an original thought...right? That begs the question - surely somebody, sometime, did have an original thought? I mean, what about the first person who ever had a thought? Or the first primate. The first single-celled organism. Ummmm, wait...!

I'm not a scientist, so I'll shut up now.

*Incidentally, I just did a combination of a hiccup and a burp, and it's been deigned a hiccurp. But the way it's said reminded me of nasty stuff like herpes, and I said, "That sounds like a cross between a burp and an STD." Hence hiccerpes. All of this leads to the revelation that...sometimes librarians can be more gross than funny.

2 comments:

  1. I have had some weird dreams, layered upon layers, and I say yes, you can have a daydream in a dream. But, I am weird! Thank you for stopping by.

    Alex

    ReplyDelete